Brithos and the Reds...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 17:05:57 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

>I personally cannot see why the Waertagi - intent to wipe out the cult of
>Dormal - should ally to the Dormal-rites-using Vadeli.

I would have thought their crusade against the 'Cult of Dormal' was to smash the growing naval power of the Western Fleets in favour of restoring its old naval power. What possible reason do the Waertagi have for _hating_ Dormal?

>Some parts of Brithos apparently keep existing on the physical plane of
>Glorantha, even if Dormal failed to find Old Trade. They just might
>harbour enough Horali to trash the Seshnegi armies when added to the
>newly-bred Arolanit wave of warriors et al.

I don't think Old Trade is inhabited by Brithini. I think of it as an Isle raised by the Brithini so the foreigners may dwell there and not pollute Brithos when they wish to trade. The Talars appeared from time to time by unseen paths to trade with the merchants. And there appears to be no other fragment of Brithos within the Sea of Fog.

Sandy Petersen:

>TYPICAL RED VADELI
>[stats snipped]

paging Onslaught...

On a more serious note, do you think they have to keep committing horrible deeds to maintain their hyped statistics and immortality?