Flirting with Chaos

From: Martin King <mav_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 08:06:04 +0000

Dave Cake wrote

> Certainly.
> Maybe I'm just too civilised myself, but I can't see how
> anybody
>might prefer life on the plains of Prax to civilised life in the Lunar
>interior. Obviously, the narrow minded Praxians with their rabid
>xenophobia will reject it initially, but I bet even they would start
>to appreciate the relatively easy life there given a chance.
> And sure, there might be inherent philosophical dangers in the
>Lunar way. And I am sure I would rather discuss them sitting in a
>Lunar villa, well fed and sipping Pelorian wine and in the company of
>educated men, than ranting about them on an empty stomach in the
>dessert sun surrounded by illiterate killers. But maybe its just me
>:-)

Come on Dave you know that the Praxians think that Chaos is the worst thing on the Lozenge. Makes them old, turned their lush garden into a hell hole desert, everything bad....Consorting with Chaos by following a lunar way would be unthinkable.

I think exchanging their albeit harsh but rewarding lifestyle for momentary pleasure and corrupt the world by trafficking with the devil would result in the same answer from most Praxians. A big swipe from their pointy sticks.

Do you and the Lunars also believe that Chaos energy is a safe and renewable form of energy :)

Regards
MK
- -Mav's guide to being a superhero