Philosophy

From: D M McNamara <D.M.McNamara_at_durham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:21:13 +0100 (BST)

  I am sorry for phrasing my emails in such a way, i did not mean to patronise any of you, i only wanted to open up discussion on broader philosophical issues in glorantha.
  I can appreciate your dislike for my esoteric language, but unfortunately some of the issues are inherently 'complex' (relatively speaking) - if only because people aren't taught philosophy in schools. Some of them cannot be phrased in simple ways without making the concept itself sound simple, or writing reams of irrelevant philosophical banter. Unfortunately the internet itself discourages this, because it does operate in 'soundbites' or 'factoids,' and therefore one must quickly get to the point via the shortest route possible.   Maybe if any of us meet each other one day we can talk about them (often at university my friends and i stayed up till next morning debating these things, but it was the only way to do it).   I have some more questions....
  1. Could a peckish dark troll gobble down a microgorp and live? their stomachs can take weird acidic beverages, after all
  2. Who do ducks primarily worship? Do ducks use any form of feather tatooing or beak engraving?
  3. What do ducks eat? In york all they ever seemed to eat was bread we flung at them to stop them devouring us. They used to tap on the windows with their beaks until we fed them with crackers. Is there a gloranthan god of crackers lurking on the god plane?
  4. Excuse my ignorance, but who is the odd lunar with the brass pot on his head? Whats his story?
  5. Is there a market for blue llama spit in pavis? It seems to be the only surplus the blue llama riders possess (apart from blue llamas). Why are the llamas blue?
  6. One question. Morokanths - why?

  Thanks for answering my previous annoying questions.  Dominic.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #590