Re: More o' Dom's Qs

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:56:22 EST

D M McNamara <D.M.McNamara_at_durham.ac.uk> writes:
> I am sorry for phrasing my emails in such a way, i did not mean to
> patronise any of you, i only wanted to open up discussion on broader
> philosophical issues in glorantha.

Don't worry about it. Incredibly obscure bits of Gloranthan minutae can be just as impenetrable and trance-inducing as your philosophical jargon.

> 1. Could a peckish dark troll gobble down a microgorp and live? their
> stomachs can take weird acidic beverages, after all

Gorp aren't filled with acid. They're filled with Raw Chaos. That said, I believe the troll would live but would have agita something fierce, and would probably barf, that most untrollish of all acts.

> 2. Who do ducks primarily worship? Do ducks use any form of feather
> tatooing or beak engraving?

Hueymakt. Lueykor Mhy. Dueysaries. Donaldio. Zorquack Zoran.

> 3. What do ducks eat?

Ducks herd and eat morocanth. :)

> 4. Excuse my ignorance, but who is the odd lunar with the brass pot on
> his head? Whats his story?

Beat-Pot Aelwrin is a heroic kitchen boy who first fought the lunars and was then seduced to their side by one of the lunar heroines, I forget which. But the whole story was in an issue of Nochet Penthouse Letters a few years back.

> 5. Is there a market for blue llama spit in pavis? It seems to be the
> only surplus the blue llama riders possess (apart from blue llamas). Why
> are the llamas blue?

I can tell you but I'd have to kill you. As for the color... Think blue as in black so dark it appears blue.

> 6. One question. Morokanths - why?

Ducks gotta eat something. :)

> Thanks for answering my previous annoying questions.

Thanks for reading my annoying answers.