Simple phrasing

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 00:54:29 +0100

Dominic -

If you try to open up discussion on broader philosophical issues with people who are unfamiliar with the disciplinary jargon you are using, the result is pretty obvious: you will alienate people and create misunderstanding, or merely be ignored.

Everything one understands well can be phrased in simple ways. Does it matter whether the concept sounds simple or not?

I am an habitual user of disciplinary jargon (sociology) myself and thus familiar with the consequences. I try to avoid it on the digest.

Valete

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #591