Sailing & ducks

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ein.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 08:51:02 +0200

Peter M:
>On the sailing front, I thought that the Fonritans with their
>yachts and dhows were the most sophisticated in the field.

Nonono, the Haragalan tallships are of course the greatest sailing vessels. With exquisite craftsmanship, numerous enchantments, magical armaments and an awakened/bound spirit a tallship is an individual, a living entity which is the pinnacle of Gloranthan naval technology (also iMO of course).

Mike Cule:
>The duck-keets of the East Isles have a mixture of Stygian Western Malkionism
>brought by Valkaro, the cult of dream magic based on the Mother of the Keets and
>the other East Isles Cults.

The church of Valkaro is not really like the Stygian heresy. The valkarians don't worship the gods as such, but convert them to Malkionism, transforming them into good Malkioni saints. That apart, yes, the keets on the islands dominated by the church vill most likely be valkarists.

Otherwise, the main deity of the keets is Thella, the goddess of dawn, since their sacrifice of flight into the Net makes them closer to her than any other creatures.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html