Moulding the Gods.....

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 11:56:43 GMT

David Bpatright <david_at_dboat.demon.co.uk> he say:
> Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:11:47 -0400
> Subject: Big Bad Psycho Humakt
>
> I am sorry this is a bit out of date. I just noticed my mailer was
> not sending anything out.
>
> Surely goods are shaped by the cults that follow them. Therefore
> Orlanthi clans need a warrior cult to defend them. Therefore their
> cult shapes Humakt into this stand up guy who will use his last drop
> to help his people. Where as decadent empire has its cult shaped by
> its leaders, who could probably find a use for God(dess) who will
> turn the earth red with blood. IMO of course.

Well, now here you hit on a bone of contention. It is accepted that you can change the nature of reality on Glorantha by HeroQuesting even to altering the nature of the god. But that isn't the same thing as altering the nature of the reality of the god by actions on the Mundane Plane. You can (in *my* opinion) only increase or decrease the strength of the god's cult and thereby the strength of the god which isn't the same thing.

But lots of people around here seem to believe that the gods of Glorantha are totally defined by what people believe of them (even the Crimson Greg) so what does my opinion matter....

<<Snarling and uttering heretical opinions, he exits>>

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)
Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.