Re: Ducking Ducks

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 15:01:45 +1000 (EST)

This comes up periodically. I can remember it being discussed in 1993. Don't forget to search the archives. :-)

D M McNamara <D.M.McNamara_at_durham.ac.uk> writes:
>I presume people trade with morokanths, but who would want to buy a
>zombified herd man?

People who like herdman satay with skullbush nut sauce. :-)

All those Pavis fast-food joints that sell "mock pork" on a stick are selling herdman. It's sold minced to preserve the niceties. It's cheap because supply far outstrips demand, and the quality of cuts is irrelevant.

>Do morokanths have their own snuffling, snorting language?

They surely speak Praxian. They're tied to Darkness (though I've never understood why) so they may speak Darktongue instinctively as do other Darkness creatures like trolls & dehori. There's something to be said for them speaking Darktongue as a kind of "baby talk" until they learn Praxian as children. A nice culture shock for PCs hiding there.

>And who do they worship? Storm gods?

Waha the Butcher and Eiritha Herdman, Grandfather Morokanth, etc. The Praxian pantheon.