The Evil Star

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 16:23:08 +0800

        I found myself wondering about the identity of Vettebbe, the Evil Star that Son of Evil worships (from GRAY and TFS). Its described as being very evil, as not being there any more, as being a follower of Kargzant, and as being fought by Orlanth and Antirius just before the dawn.

        It sounds fairly important to me, especially as its just about the only celestial body that the Dara Happans think is just outright bad, and it is the biggest villain around just before the dawn.

        Any hints as to the identity of this star, both in terms of a) correspondence to any known deity - Tyram maybe (just as the only evil sky deity)?
and
b) correspondence to a known celestial feature from Elder Secrets or elsewhere (the Bad One, maybe?)

        Cheers

                David