Thanks!

From: D M McNamara <D.M.McNamara_at_durham.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 09:41:24 +0100 (BST)

  I really enjoyed all of the morokanth material that you've been putting on the digest - i laughed loud and long at the sneaky tricks of the morokanth! I think my next character will be a morokanth too, as i now feel i know enough about them to 'get into character.'

   I liked the idea of morokanth going on heroquests to get the use of thumbs - i remember suggesting this myself once to Andrew Rilstone, and he said (slightly scoffingly) 'that would be one hell of a heroquest.' I suppose he could have thought i meant a heroquesting crusade to change _all_ morokanths, rather than an enterprising hero...still, its a really neat idea.

    I feel greatly in your debt for all these ideas. However, could some of you think of what exactly must be done on a morokanth 'ThumbQuest,' (ie. heroquesting) and what myths among the morokanths this might relate to?
  When i have to think up such things i usually go to Claude Levi-Strauss' books on 'Mythologies,' and i can strongly suggest that you all take a look at his work. Levi-Strauss is one of the greatest anthropologists of out time, and has documented a great many myths through his structuralist method. His books, as well as being immensely interesting to read on their own terms, are packed with all kinds of myth lore, but in a rigorous manner for a change! I would go and do it myself, but unfortunately i am in the middle of my exams, so don't have time at the moment. Could any of you generous folks out there help with the 'ThumbQuest?'
  Thanks again for all the morokanth lore - it was immensely entertaining, and dead useful too!
  Dominic.