Old Praxian Humans

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:52:56 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

>The beast people of Genert's Garden seem to have been a people of bestial,
>but aware, followers of the Storm Bull. Look at the archetype "drunk Storm
>Bull cum awakened mount" couple to get the idea how they lived back then.

Well actually they were followers of the Great Bull. Storm Bull came later with the Theyalan Missionaries (IMO) and was still not widely known when the Broken Council met.

>They were not necessarily riders. I know there is a large mural somewhere
>east of the Zola Fel which shows all the existing and quite a lot of extinct
>beasts of Eiritha, and it might say something about whether the friendly
>pairings of man and beast act as riders.

Umm, Joerg, if they rode beasts before Waha came along, why then did he need the Contests to see who would become intelligent and get to look after the loser?

>Since Tada called the beast riders to aid him against chaos (which they
>failed to do in time), it appears they were riders, but I'd like a
>confirmation.

I think the humans of Prax before the coming of Chaos were probably primitive hunters with a smattering of farmers (ancestors of the Oasis folk). I don't think they interacted with the beasts except by hunting them. And Tada IIRC called for the sons of Storm Bull to help him according to ToTRM#14, not beast riders.