Re: question plague

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 21:22:15 -0500

McNamara's brother asks:

>1. Who lives in The Tower of Lead? (i think he means in dorastor)

        No one is placed there on purpose, so that the gamemaster can put whatever forces of evil he deems suitable. In Cults of Terror, there were vampires. In my own game there were Things that rode huge mutant humans.

>2. Are there any 'gorp-geysers' in The Land of Doom?

        Probably.

>3. Is there some Pamaltelan chaos lurking in Dorastor? eg. charnjibber

        Up To The Gamemaster. My own suggestion, which I think was published in Dorastor, were along the following lines:

  1. use a chaos monster from somewhere far away, like Pamaltela, so that the PCs are unlikely to recognize it.
  2. pick some gross animal and make it chaotic.
  3. pick some normal chaos thing and make it huge, or extra-bad. For instance, have a scorpion man with sixteen tails that can all sting at once. Or an invisible jack o'bear. Or a SIZ 60 grayskin.

>4. Why is Farong Farash (sp?) of Tink so bloomin' weird?

        Because he is a spook.
>5. Can malkioni worshippers get divine intervention, and if so, how
>would it work?

        There has been debate on this subject. I have to admit that though I originally adhered to the idea that they _had_ DI, I now no longer believe this. Instead, their DI comes in the form of Saintly interventions.

>6. What are 'tusk brothers?' (ie. were-pig things that cropped up
in some old >RQ2 stuff, which now seem to have disappeared)

        Were-pigs. Where do they come from? Well, IMO six main sources for these things exist:

  1. children who are "marked" because their mother was badly frightened by a pig or wild boar while she was pregnant with them.
  2. miscegenation.
  3. degenerate hsunchen
  4. chaos taint -- the child of an ogre or an incubus is likely to be twisted in some way. This is as likely as anything.
  5. degenerate hsunchen. The folk of Ramalia, once pig-hsunchen, have a fairly high rate of tusk-brothers molesting their countryside.
  6. magic rituals -- just as on Earth, there are special rituals to transform one irreversibly into monsters. The tusk-brother is one such monster.

Sandy P.