Re: Balls of Tails

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 23:41:14 -0400

In a message dated 96-05-28 18:03:43 EDT, Joerg Baumgartner writes:

>Why would a Morokanth attack somebody for a ball of tails? Herdmen certainly
>don't provide any prolonged backside appendage. Cutting out the other (very
>Tusk Rider) possibility, what would a "tail" of a female herd man look like?

The Praxians use the Peaceful Cut to speed the herd beasts spirit back to Eiritha so she can send them another herd beast. Praxians (including Morokanth) regarded the Balls of Tails as an abomonation as the spirits of their herd beasts were being bound to them (the tails, or something else <g> for herd men). Those herd beasts would not go back to Eiritha to return as another herd beast and thus the Praxians would suffer and ultimately if the spirits kept being bound, the Praxians would starve as their herds would not return. As I remember Balls of Tails could be made without any special spells back in RQII, RQIII has only the Tusk Riders using them I believe (no books handy) and I am not sure if they can now make them from other than Praxian Herd Beasts.

Delecti