questions

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 17:16:01 +0800

        Sandy has already ably answered, but here's my take

> 1. Who lives in The Tower of Lead? (i think he means in dorastor)

        Whoever you want. The Castle has outlived many tenants. I haven't decided who lives there IMG.

> 2. Are there any 'gorp-geysers' in The Land of Doom?

        Probably. But I wouldn't know where.

> 3. Is there some Pamaltelan chaos lurking in Dorastor? eg. charnjibber

        I'm sure that some such things have appeared at some time. Between chaotic hero-scholars like Ralzakark, rampant Thed worship producing numerous chaos voids, Pocharngoists, and numerous other horrors, just about anything chaotic has probably appeared there sometime.

        I think CharnJibbers are not found there regularly though - ie I don't think there is an active population of charnjibbers the way there is in Pamaltela, just the odd horrid thing. The same probably goes for other Pamaltelan species (such as the grue, for example).

> 4. Why is Farong Farash (sp?) of Tink so bloomin' weird?

        Mostly because he is a man out of his time (he first lived during the EWF, I think), partly because his years of solo imprisonment as a ghost probably drove him nuts, partly because he was quite possibly a pretty strange guy to begin with. And probably a little bit because he hangs out with other strange people.

> 5. Can malkioni worshippers get divine intervention, and if so, how
>would it work?

        I think your average Malkioni gets intervention via saints - but it probably works like DI. Saints themselves might get intervention direct from the creator, or they may not, but I'm sure the infidel (like me) wouldn't really understand the real story anyway.

        Anyway, IMHO DI is mostly there as a game convenience to keep PCs alive - I think in Glorantha it is vastly rarer than the game would suggest.

> 6. What are 'tusk brothers?' (ie. were-pig things that cropped up in
>some old RQ2 stuff, which now seem to have disappeared)

        Just were-pigs. I'm sure many people feel they are the result of Tusk riders that spend too much time alone with their tuskers, but people spread all sorts of vile slander about them (and not a few vile truths as well).

        Cheers

                David