Re: Nick Brooke and the Cthulhu Mythos

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 96 14:53:31 -0500

Nick asks
>1) There isn't really anything 'good' about the Cthulhu Mythos, is
there?

        Of course there is. As you learn more about the Mythos, you become better able to deal with true reality for several fine reasons. First, you might go nuts, and not care when the ickies come to get you. Second, you can become an icky yourself. Third, you can learn how to bring great Cthulhu back, and after he clears off the Earth, you will be one of the few remaining humans, allowed to kill and pillage, and do _whatever_ you like. After all, wouldn't Cthulhu be grateful to you for releasing him and want to reward you? Wouldn't he? Finally, if you get enough arcane lore you might get to be a card in Chaosium's MYTHOS game. (So far, I count myself present at least twice in MYTHOS; once as Albert Shiny, and once as Carl Stanford. Greg threatens to put me in a third and maybe fourth time, as Peter Dannseys and Sandy Petersen. We'll see if he's so rash.)

Sandy P.