CoT/LoT

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 21:11:17 -0400 (EDT)

David Henderson asks:
>I already own Cults of Terror, and find it a usefule source, and I was
>wondering whether it would be worth buying LoT as well. How much
>duplication is there? Is the new material worthwhile in itself?

Well, _I_ think it's worth having both.

Duplication: Reminiscences of Paulis, Cult of Primal Chaos, Cult of Malia (with disease--updated for RQ3), Cult of Bagog, Cult of Thed, Thanatar: the Severed God, Cult of Krarsht, Storm Bull Psychology (from TotRM), A Troll Ceremony (ditto, i think).

New stuff: about 20 pages of background, 7 powerful NPC's (at 2 pages or more each), short bits on 12 new cults plus notes on some others presented elsewhere (including a new Kyger Litor spell), and 3 pages on passion spirits. About 40 pages of new stuff, all told.