Illumination

From: Bibishar_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 00:43:34 -0400

It seems to me some folk are writing about Illumination without having done their homework. I suggest anyone wishing to discuss the nature of Illumination read Greg Stafford's RQ Con II Address and Peter Michaels' "Shouts of Nothingness: A Commentary on Greg Stafford's RQ Con II Address" (a separate sheet included with _The RQ-Con 2 Compendium_) before they write further about it in the digest. Otherwise, how can we enjoy conversing about why each other's beliefs are reasonable, idiotic, slightly off-base, etc.?

For the record:

  1. I stand with Peter Michaels' statement, "I like Greg's idea that the Gloranthan dilemma of Illumination is analogous to the Terran condition of postmodernism."
  2. I have deliberately avoided singling out anyone with whom I have a beef, because I think this lack of background knowledge about Illumination is a problem for many people and not just for a particular person or two.

james polk