Insight

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ein.ericsson.se>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 15:40:55 +0200

It's probably stupid to juml into an ongoing discussion, but here it goes:

Sandy:
>Comprehension of this is one step towards both RuneQuest Sight and
>the Kralori insight, both of which grant a deeper (but not clearer)
>understanding of the cosmos than Illumination.

David Cake:
>IMHO Illumination is more about a deeper understanding of your own
>situation and your own self rather than the cosmos as large. I don't know
>about Insight (perhaps Sandy mentioned it just to tantalise us...), but I
>suspect the RQ Sight gives understanding of the cosmos, but little
>understanding of the self.

IMG, Kralorelan philosophy is holistic. The mystic world view doesn't separate between the self and the cosmos since they are both parts of an undividable whole. And that gives the major difference between insight and illumination.

Then there is one more exalted state of mind not covered: East Isles elucidation which allows you to live in the waking world and the dream world at the same time. For dragonewts this is the normal condition.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html