Chaos/Arkat

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 16:47:56 +0100

JOKBAZI

 I was wondering about Jokbazi, he appears in GRoY on the Godswall and is the only "lord of the Fifth Hell" mentioned -- the fifth hell being the DH equivalent of chaos (or the void, the difference between the two is academic). In The Book of Drastic Resolutions a minor cult description is given for him, but I don't believe it is quite accurate or encompassing. IMO Jokbazi is the DH embodiment of all that chaos is, equivalated to Wakboth, Ragnaglar and Kajabor all rolled into one huge chaos deity. Rather than distinguishing various forms of chaos they merely clump it together as one thing. I don't believe that this is represented in the sources I have. I was mainly wondering what other people thought?

CRIMSON BAT

 The Crimson Bat was banished by Arkat during the Gbaji Wars. Does anyone know how he did this, where he banished it to, or where he battled it?

ARKAT

 IMHO Arkat was raised on Brithos, left and joined Gerlant, and then became a follower of Nysalor. He became a priest of Nysalor and followed him perfectly. When the plague was released in Seshnela, Arkat was horrified that his god, Nysalor, could allow this to happen and came to the decision that Nysalor had fallen to the self-same Dark Side that he kept warning everyone to beware of. Therefore he began a crusade against the god, and slew him. There you have it.

 If there's a world lore, plant lore and chaos lore, is there a Nysa Lore?

From a very happily sun tanned,

Nick E.
Nick Effingham E-Mail:wal_at_eff.u-net.com <None so gaudy, nor as bloody,
as the sword that would,
crash and bash, an' swing with a flash,
and spill thine enemies blood>