Yelm Sources and other stuff...

From: RMEINTS_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 15:20:34 -0400

Bruce Probst was asking about a formal Yelm Cult writeup:

There are several sources available:
White Wolf #16, July 1989: The Cult of Yelm (by Greg and Sandy), pgs. 22-28.

For historical mythical stuff:
Wyrm's Footnotes #11, 1981: Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha part 7 - Gods of Light
(YELM). This was Reprinted in Wyrm's Footprints and is still available from Wizard's Attic or David Hall.

Other stuff...

While I was at the German RQ Con I spent a fair amount of time trying to reach a consensus on the following scenario:

When the Godlearners were destroyed, could one (or more) of them have seen the destruction coming and somehow have avoided it AND still keep their knowledge ?

Example: An amoral hedonistic Godlearner (possibly redundant) is off plundering the
Hero plane or some other similar place when he/she/it gets word of the wide spread
destruction taking place back home. Hiding seems like a good option, at least
until the dust settles. Maybe they defeat a being or creature in a myth and take their place. Maybe some of the godlearners helped destroy the rest of their ilk in return for
some type of amnesty. (Jokingly he says) Thus, they are now part of a godlearner
relocation program.

To end my rambling, it seems that bits of Godlearners are still around, plus a few mad
ones etc., but the MGF side of me says maybe a few of the genuine article found a
great way to fool everyone.