Re: Cthulhu Visitors

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 96 15:54:50 -0500

Andrew Joelson
>IMO the heavily structured nature of the Compromise would make it
much more >difficult to summon Cthulhu, or one of the other heavies. But that is no >reason why the little guys couldn't be present in small numbers.

        Pshaw. Chaos isn't part of the Compromise, and neither is Cthulhu. I don't think it's any harder to summon Yog-Sothoth to Glorantha than it is to summon Him to Earth. Which, come to think of it, is actually fairly hard. Still, we must not give up hope. After all, is there not much evidence for Cthulhu in Glorantha already?

        Nysalor = Nyarlathotep (the similarities in their names and mode of operation cannot be coincidence. Also the connections between the big N. and the Black Eater and Gbaji are exceedingly Nyarlathotep-like.)

>Don't forget that anybody poking around in Dorastor is much more
capable of >dealing with Cthulhu critters than the average investigator

        Well. Yes. In fact, I recommended in Dorastor (unless it was excised) that Call of Cthulhu would make a fine source for extra chaos monsters. Surely the great Maggot in Snakepipe Hollow is a Chthonian, complete with gross little hatchlings.

Sandy

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #616