Re: Hill of Gold

From: Bibishar_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 23:15:39 -0400

I found this stuck to one of my dogs yesterday. I thought I had better post it before something worse befell them....

"To Whom It May Concern (i.e. Everybody)

I would like to correct a number of ridiculous rumors associating Elmal,  Antirius, Yelmalio, and Zorak Zoran with the Hill of Gold story. All _serious_ scholars of Glorantha are aware that the Hill of Gold story is about Orlantio's wedding gift to Khelmal and Nealda. (This gift is modestly known, amongst the cognicenti in Imther, as the Greatest Gift Ever Given.)

Why do you foolish people persist in believing in those other, false stories?

Authoritatively yours,

Hysterious"

In case anyone is new to the digest here's a short who's who relating to the note above:
  Khelmal - Sun of the Son. Ruler of the Gods.   Nealda - Goddess of the Earth. Good mother type.   Orlantio - Free Wind spirit of Imther. Giver of the best gifts and best jokes. Universally admired and beloved by all wise people. (or else)   Hysterious - Known follower of Orlantio.   Anterius, Elmal, Yelmalio, Elmal, Zorak Zoran - silly constructs of foolish people.

     Insignifcant to the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
(thanks, Douglas

     Adams)

Well, I hope everyone now knows what's what and who's who with the Hill of Gold.

(broad smile)

james polk