underwater-cities

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:06:43 1997

 Hi all

underwater cities

I don't think that there is carbon dioxyde on Glorantha. When someone breaths, he produces stale air. By contact with free air it becomes fresh (breathable) air.

Murthdrya is the mother of the sea plants and the blue elves. Since the blue elves are water breather, I don't think that sea plants can be used to transform stale air into fresh air. But some plants store gas in their leaves so that the leaves float. It is possible that in Glorantha, these plants are harvested for fresh air.

Magasta kept Vadrus prisonner underwater. I think that when mermen want to build a fixed city, they do a great ritual that emulates this. With this ritual, they have a permanent connection with free air even under the surface of the sea.

I picture the underwater cities as a collection of domes with watery lanes on the bottom so that mermen can swimm inside their cities.

mermen mobile home

The mermen races have to live mostly underwater (tales 10). A mobile home allows a merman, to store things, to sleep underwater with relative safety (killer whales are said to hunt them), and if he is so holy to never again go to the surface.

When a merman wants to move it, he may:
- - pull it himself

They are unaffected by the Closing since they don't have to go to the surface. There is a schnorkel to transform stale air into fresh air.

Teshnos

Who is Furalor? What is her role in the society? Is it possible that the Teshnans practice slash and burn agriculture? With this technique, a fiery death would mean fertility for the land.

In Glorantha:Genertela, the prince of the elephants is said to have competent troops.
I think he has the only soldiers trained to fight in hand to hand combat, and that he is alone in using war elephants. All the other soldiers are trained at mass archery IMO, since this technique has much to do with fate. No wonder they are qualified as weak by the Praxians (or the Vormaini when they come), they are unable to whistand a mounted charge.
What is worse for Teshnos is that the competent troops are only a tiny part of the army.

Vadeli

What is a gygaxesque polearm ?

Red captain
I think that besides being chained, the red captain of a brown vadeli ship is mute (by whatever mean) and kept in a gloomy spot so that when the browns ask his opinion any sound or move he does can be translated as "I agree".

Tanian

When he was dicovered by the Jrustreli, he was a fire god of burning water. His summoning created the sea of fire. Later, the Jrustreli changed him in a water god controling fire. What would happen if someone summoned him around 1620?

	Peace
		Jean

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #622