The Elves & The Hill of Gold

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_erzo.ORG>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 23:04:04 -0700

> Anyway, if Elmal doesn't have a Hill of Gold myth, where did the
>modern Yelmalio myth come from? Almost certainly not from the elves, and do
>we want to try and fit Antirius into this mess of myths? Maybe they got it
>from the Khelmal cult, which combines myths from Elmal and Antirius, and so
>has a Hill of Gold myth?

A good chunk of the Hill of Gold Myth could very well have come from the elves. During the Darkness, the personification of the Taker, Zorak Zoran, ate all of their Gods, including the three greatest: Ga (the earth), Arroin (the water) and Yelm (the light). (I'll avoid quibbling over the real names.)

I mean, who's more likely to have set up Zorak Zoran as the big bad guy than the elves?

Shannon