Humakt's Lover

From: David B. Henderson <db.henderson_at_dcs.napier.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:35:32 +0100 (BST)

A Big Right and Left Clawed Hand to Nick Effingham for the story. It would give Humakt a couple of potential new aspects:

Humakt Avenger (a male Babs Gor counterpart? Without the genital fixation?)

Humakt The Destroyer of Secret Chaos (with a Sense Chaos skill/spell?)

The Avenger aspect would probably be as mooted before a temporary cult, except for the few obsessed individual that become swords. Others would join and sacrifice POW/money/items or perform quests/gain geasa to gain temporary powers to avenge some wrong. this would have a big place in orlanthi society, potentially, unless there is an Orlanth Avenger aspect/subcult.

The Destroyer of Secret Chaos could be linked to Arkat, of course, but would be a Truth-oriented aspect, perhaps with some nifty Lhankhor Mhy- type magics to probe suspects (can we say Inquisition?). This could actually be quite an interesting side: fanatic devotees holding witch hunts, interrogating suspects on the basis of information from a 'reliable source' (i.e. anyone), torturing, etc. Honour would disappear in its accepted form. Very Arkati: scorched earth, whole towns destroyed because of the 'Taint of Chaos', anyone opposed to the cult being executed for 'Consorting with Chaos'. Rabid anti-Lunars and very possibly linked very closely to the Arkati Illuminate-hunters.

Interesting. Maybe Humakt and Saranala (?) had a child, and named it Arkarth, or Argat, or something similar.

No, no, I've got to stop. It's all starting to make sense. The missing piece of the jigsaw. I think I'm .... (light bulb appears) .... Illuminated!

The God Learner Secret was: if the piece doesn't fit, force it or trim it. Gaps don't matter as long as you can see a picture.

David 'It's Crazy But It Might Just Work' Henderson