Elves, Yelmalio, Elmalus and all that jazz

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

It is possible that the Hill of Gold quest (not HoG, please) came from the elves, but it is well known from ancient Dara Happa and pretty-old Imther. As for the Broken Council guidebook, the spelling of Elmal(us) (sorry, can't find the reference right now) is easily explained as a result of Dara Happan spelling conventions. --warning: new and not-universally-available information use ahead-- The Entekosiad shows us how the Dara Happans spelled or misspelled foreign gods' names, like Uleria for one.

As David Cake points out, the connection between the names Yelm and Yelmalio is too much for coincidence. That's why I argue (with Sandy's support, but then again he doesn't believe Elmal exists today) that Yelmalio has been around in Southern Peloria a long while.

Just thought I'd ride into town long enough to share that with y'all. <very big smiley face with fangs>