Arkat (fwd)

From: Majordomo <major_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 17:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

Forwarded message:
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 11:55:48 +0100 (BST) From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
To: owner-glorantha-digest_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu Subject: Arkat

> From: David Ingram <D.M.Ingram_at_mmu.ac.uk>
> ... in gaining victory destroys
> all he once beleived in and is considered to have betrayed his
> followers and himself in becoming the thing he himself hated. Ok, so
> this sounds like the classic animal farm senario of throwing down
> trynay to errect new tryants.

In GW's WH40k game when the Emperor (the spiritual and temporal leader of all Humanity) fought Horus (former lieutenant turned servant of chaos) he voided himself of his humanity to kill his closest friend. Nobody is quite sure whether it was Horus or the Emperor who won, or whether the victor, which ever, was the good guy.

Sounds familiar? Either the folks at GW have been ripping Glorantha off or more likely we're talking about variants on the same modern myth (also seen in "Return of the Jedi".)
- ------
Andrwe Behan