The truth about Tanian

From: Robyn McNamara <froggy_at_zikzak.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 00:40:07 +1000 (EST)

Joerg said, regarding Tanian:

> "Hey, I discovered a new queer combination of runes in my lab! Let's try it
> out!"

Apparently, the whole Tanian thing was a hoax. A couple of Jrusteli researchers (called Ponds and Flushman, after their previous successes in training undines in methods of sewage disposal and water reclamation) claimed to have discovered a way to successfully integrate the Ice and Fire runes, producing Cold Fire. The discovery was hailed as a potentially revolutionary theological technique, but other sages were unable to replicate the duo's results - it was claimed that the published accounts did not include a full description of the necessary rituals.

Moral: Fire + Ice = fizzle.