mermen home

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:06:43 1997

 Hi all,

mermen mobile home

Joerg asked for a Gloranthan explanation of the phenomenon. Air, being a coward, flees before the water when it has a path of retreat toward the surface, thus the bubbles exist and go toward the surface
When air cannot flee, it fights back, so when you overturn a glass you can plunge it into water and catch some air in it.

When a merman wants his mobile home to dive, he uses the great magic of the plug so that he cuts the path of retreat for the air that is kept inside his home.

When he wants to refresh his air, he can use the magic of the door, so that there is a wall to cut air from water, or we can say that on Glorantha when air has the support of its kin and family it is able to fight back water. With the second explanation the merman can open both his schnorkel and the bottom of his home at the same time.

Tanian

Peter Metcalfe says that the sea of fire did not grow. According to tales #10, Tanian was summoned in 718. He burned at least half the waertagi fleet. The wound grew until the first fireberg broke free. It fell into Magasta's whirlpool. The Jrustreli had to change Tanian's nature when the first fireberg came back into the world in 819.
I remember that the water flows into Tanian's grotto, if I am right it is the reason why puzzle canal is not yet aflame.

I'd say that if someone summons Tanian after his nature changed, he can only create a fireberg.

	Peace
		Jean