Re: Griffin <place>; Arkat & Argrath

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 00:21:08 -0700

Dominic McNamara wondered

> how similar to 'griffin mountain' was 'griffin island?' I
> only ever had the latter, but from what people have been saying, it just
> sounded like 'griffin mountain' was adapted from glorantha to 'gateway.'

Griffin Island is indeed the de-Glorantha-ized Griffin Mountain. It's still a fine setting, with excellent handouts, and I've used it in my own non-Gloranthan campaign. I decided that "orc" was the local name for trolls, rather than come up with yet a new intelligent species.

Andrew Joelson wondered

> Didn't somebody post that Greg said, "Arkat and Argrath are the
> same person" at RQDU?

My recollection is that someone at a previous con asked if they were the same *name*.