Rurik the Restless

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 15:15:04 -0400

As far as I know, he was a character from the RQ house campaign. His stats are in Wyrms Footnotes 13, under the name Rurik Runespear, with a brief history.

He seems to have been killed in the time-honoured way of fighting trolls, being slain by a shade, DIing back and then being impaled by a trollkin spear. You can just hear it "Statement of intent? I'll parry the first troll, defend against the second troll and ignore the little trollkin with the spear". How many times has that happened to PCs? Anyway, he apparently did not have the POW to DI back again. Obviously, his friends did not value him enough to drag him back for resurrection.

It ends by saying that Bituran Varosh hints that Rurik walks among the living, so who knows?