Argrath Godslayer

From: James Dyer <jed_at_tacs.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:17:59

>>Clearly, Argrath shows some of Arkat's skills - the ability to meld
disparate
>>groups of people into single fighting forces, the ability to HeroQuest
>>effectively, eventually the betrayal of his people (when he destroyed the
>>gods).

> Arrrgghhh!!! When did he do this, I've seen it mentioned by Greg in some
>Seminar transcripts but I can't find it anywhere in KoS (I take it that
it's
>in there somehwere, hiding from me; damned Boggles!). Isn't Argrath
killing
>gods a supremley *bad* thing? How did he do it? Isn't this merely proof
that
>he's a new incarnation of Shargash and therefore a new incarnation of
Arkat?

This also confuses me because I thought that the difference between the Third Age and the Harshax's time (Fourth Age?) was that the gods have become silent (no divination, DI or divine magic) rather than extinct. I'm sure one of the Zin letters says as much (don't have my copy of KoS to hand).
That's not to deny that the silence is because Argrath destroyed all the gods without the knowledge of his people.

Jim.