Morkanth

From: Allan Henderson <allan_at_chem.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 16:28:28 +0100

Hi,

Simon Phips says:

> Every Praxian Human knows that Morokanth are evil monsters who eat babies and
> will eatany human flesh, cannot be trusted, will rob you blind, eat your
> grandmother and so on.

I believe that every praxian nomad will repeat the above to anyone who will listen but still knows the truth about raiding morokanth herds, and how tasty roast herd man is !!

> By the way, other species, such as trolls, newtlings, elves and dragonewts
> are not People as they did not take part in the Survival Covenant, so they
> can be eaten at will by any tribe in Prax.

Hmm, good point.
I think that praxians will eat sentients, just not those covered by the covenant, which they will stick to very closely. I don't think that any of the above will be good to eat however, as almost all good meat is herbivourous, and none of the above are, except elves, (who, being woody vegetables will have to be boiled for a long time or else will be all stringy and you'll have to floss your teeth afterwards :-))

Someone (sorry I can't remember who) else suggests that awakened praxian mounts can eat meat.

I'm not so sure about this. I treat awakened mounts as special bound spirits who are in animals, the mount continues to eat off the chaperal and does not speak praxian, nor is the mount a member of the tribe, and that is what counts IMG. Allan