Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #636

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:22:06 +0100 (BST)

Steven E. Barnes
> The "Death" of the gods is clearly due to a change in the conciousness
> of Gloranthans, such that they are no longer controlled by dieties. In
> a less enlightened age, such individuals were called "Illuminates", and
> were often killed by ignorant barbarians.

It's really nice to see that I'm not the only person out there who still believes that 99% of the population of Maniria/Peloria consists of schizoid automata. By the way has anybody out there worked out away of playing bicameral that isn't really boring?

> Actually, it is my belief that Glorantha is more like the real world
> than RQ players realize. We have simply been tricked into assuming that
> Gloranthan myths accuratly describe history and the cosmos. I think
> they are just myths.

Come now. In a FRP it's what the characters think is real that really matters. Otherwise what's the point?
- ----
Andrew Behan