Strike Ranks and endless book-keeping

From: Lewis Jardine <JARDINE_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:38:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi Brian Curley

                You poor bugger doing all that horrible book-keeping and keeping track of SRs too. You also probably had to make over 100 dice rolls per round, hrroible! When I ran the system using BODGERS it really paid off bigtime when the fight scene finally occurred.

BODGERS does not use SRs (I would not have used them in RQ in this case either). BODGERS allows 1 action per six second round.

BODGERS requires 1 roll per character (plus damage if successful).

BODGERS can handle 10 against 1 in one set of opposed dice rolls!

BODGERS still gives RQ combat "feel".

BODGERS combats run at least twice as fast as RQ ones.

When I ran this I needed to make about 10 rolls per round (plus some damage rolls) and we had the combat over in about an hour. If you don't believe me ask Kevin Jacklin the glorious sub-file leader.

You must have been at this one all day if you played strictly by the rules.

Yours, in deepest sympathy,

                                Lewis