Argrath and the Devil (cont.)

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:20:48 -0400

A little earlier I wrote:

>* That's ironic isn't it? A myth was created in a mythical world. Why would
you create a >myth when anything is possible in Glorantha? I guess this comment is really directed >to some of the contributors of the Digest. Many of you seem to believe that what >happened on Glorantha is all myth IMHO. Let's not forget that Glorantha is a fantasy >world and that just about ALL of the events ever described by the Chaosium actually >happened in Glorantha EXCEPT the Argrath and the Devil story. As clearly >demonstrated above...that story never REALLY happened.

Just to clarify, we don't have to make a myth about what the disappearance the gods of Earth because they NEVER existed and would thus naturally disappear as our society matured and got past our primitive superstitions. The Gloranthans do have to have a MYTH because the gods DID exist and still might if the Gloranthans of 2200 S.T. ever remember them. That's why I say the "Argrath and the Devil" section of KoS is indeed a MYTH and never really happened.

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com