Illumination from the other side

From: mark groff <mg1160_at_messiah.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 14:28:16 -0900 (PDT)

        Much has been said, and, no doubt, will be continued to be said about illumination and its effects good and bad. There is one question that, to my knowledge, has not been addressed:

        What the [expletive deleted by the FCC] happens when a sapient entity that is natively chaotic - ie broos etc. - is illuminated?

        I submit that, by symmetry, the chaotic realizes that Law is as  important a part of reality as chaos, and that it is very probably futile to try to get rid of it. This realization, would as in its lawfull counterpart, may very well be soul shattering. I would also suggest as an hypothesis that this is exactly what the Three Bean Circus ( which I would view as a cross between a fundamentalist charismatic tent revival and a Greatfull Dead Concert ) did, and presumably continues to do, to such chaotics as it meets.

        All this would lead frequently to acts of atonement, ritual self purification, suicide, and convert fanaticism, and would explain "the Pure One" in the Zola Fel pantheon, and the wild healer of the rockwoods.

        Mark Groff - Plasmas deviate from equilibrium [Hannes Alfven]

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #640