Argrath and Wakboth

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 19:18:38 -0400

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>Ah, but Argrath does not fight the Devil _then_ in the Saga does he? He
>instead goes from there into the Lunar Hell to rescue Sheng Seleris. One
>could argue that his failure to confront the Devil ('D'oh! [smacks
>forehead] I forgot!') on his Lightbringers Quest allowed the Devil to
>escape to the surface world. The LBQ is very flexible - we have three
>different myths of how to cross the Ocean in KoS alone.

You know....That's a damned good point!! I better go think about this one ;)

Mark Smylie wrote:

>if the gods "exist" in Gloranthan reality, then
>they can also be killed or done away with), or because something has
happened
>to cut them off from worldly worshippers, the effects are the same.

On the contrary, the effects are NOT the same. If they are dead, they cannot help the folks of 2200 S.T. Glorantha against the Devil. However, if they are indeed alive and forgotten or cut-off or whatever, it may be possible to somehow bring the gods back in touch with the Gloranthans (who are about to get their butts kicked by Wakboth) and give them some much needed help.

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com