Illumination from the other side

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 12:23:56 +0100

In Digest 640 Mark Groff asks

> Much has been said, and, no doubt, will be continued to be said
>about illumination and its effects good and bad. There is one question that,
>to my knowledge, has not been addressed:
>
> What the [expletive deleted by the FCC] happens when a sapient entity
>that is natively chaotic - ie broos etc. - is illuminated?

I'm sure I have seen somewhere that the driving emotion of chaotic creatures is hatred - both of non-chaotic races and of their own chaotic state. The chaos gods are a pretty impersonal lot who offer only hardship in this life, and it's all downhill from there! Illumination frees the creature from this hatred, although possibly as a result of their "ME! ME! ME!" cultural upbringing chaotic Illuminates seem to be more tempted to the Dark (Gbaji) side - Which explains why for every wild healer of the rockwoods their is a whoke handful of Storm Bull proof Ogres :-)

| Tim Ellis   EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                              |
| Everything I tell You Three times is true (which doesnt explain why my  |
| Digest posrings keep getting duplicated - Sorry                         |