Re: Newbie de-lurking: silly questions

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 05:48:31 -0400

Jane Williams asks:

<< 1) I'm trying to run a Gloranthan campaign by post. Has anyone tried  anything similar and would like to comment? >>

I am thinking of trying one, but need more time. I have been in one long ago which was ok, but the GM had too many players doing too many things to keep track of (plus I came in as a new character with a bunch of HIGH powered types). And I am also in one now that is a 'bad boys' game with older starting characters playing generally nasty cults (LoT, some Lunar cults, and others), you can be illuminated, have chaotic features (random, can have reverse), you pick up some "followers", though you should be very careful (you are not running them but "tell" them to do this and that, also some are of course chaotic) andyou get some choices to make based on a background made up by Jason (the GM), you read what he sends, make a decision writing what and how you do it, he sends back what happens and so forth till you get up to speed, then it goes more on a week to week basis and determines what your character does, depending on what happens you can start going to a daily, hourly, round, etc. basis. There is only interaction with the GM and you are supposed to keep your character a secret, and send notes through him (you have only a little idea who the other PC's are, if any). I have been in only 2 combats (one spirit) that were dangerous enough for me to have to go to a SR to SR emailing, though it only lasted 2 rounds (I stabbed a ogre sorcerer/priest in the back), though many others were "you easily overcame the opponent" and have 37 "moves" listed, and this has been in about 4 months, with most of the moves now being in a burst of 3 or so emails in a bi-weekly turn around. So far it is developing well. If you want more detail you can email me. The Jason already has 9 players, and has alot of free time, but does not want any more players, also he has to do most of his stuff at home and only has email at work right now, he is hoping to get a modem and get on this and the Glorantha list (I copy all of them to disk and hand them to him on a weekly basis).

Scott
aka
Delecti_at_aol.com