God Learners unfairly maligned!

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:27:57 +0800

>If they made corrections then they wouldn't be God-learners anymore IMO.
>Their chief flaw lies in their attitude rather than what they knew.

        If you believe (and I do) the TOTRM Caladra and Aurelion, the cult is a God Learner bonding of two previously unrelated cults, and two of the cult heroes were actually the God Learners who did it. However, they respected the original cults and so avoided much of the evils visited on the God Learners, and their works remain intact.

        I agree that the God Learners attitude, not their knowledge, is MOST of what was wrong with them. Except perhaps whatever secret it that the Gift Carriers where sent to wipe out.

        I seem to recall Nick and I bickering over this subject a few weeks ago. We both agreed that there were many second age personalities that were well thought of and are now thought of with reverence or fondness and that also happened to be knowledgeable and active God Learners. Several cult heroes and saints from the second age were probably well versed in God Learner teachings. We disagreed over whether the same people that revere them are also willing to admit that they are God Learners - but that is not the point. The point is some God Learners were OK people who did good things, even if the God Learners as a whole did massive damage.

        Cheers

                Dave