whoops.

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:27:16 -0400

Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>:

[me]
>>I'll add that by the time of the Second Age's ending, very few
>real "God >Learners" were still around.
> I don't know where you get this idea from, Carl. There were
>more God Learners just before the cataclysms began than at any
>other time in the history of their empire.

I believe this is what is technically known as "being wrong". I took it from the fact, as you attest in the same Digest, that the Six-Leggers and False Dragon Ring were no longer God Learners, thus the God Learners proper ruled a smaller area.

[Jeff]
>>Ultimately, IMO, the GLers were a failure
> In the same way that the Roman Empire was a failure? Or the
>dinosaurs?

You and I are biologists, Sandy. Most people still do think of the dinosaurs as slow, stupid, doomed creatures.

> Also, don't forget the Black Moon.

I hate when you do that.
- --

Dueling Modems, Inc.                    http://www.sfrt.com/sfrt/
"As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, the Internet deserves the highest protection from government intrusion."