Shooting the Moon

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 10:53:37 +0100

Me:
>> The same way that we can see evidence of Yelm the Youth and Yelm
>>the Elder in the very self-same Sun worshipping lands?
>
>You are confusing the issue between two cults for a single stellar
>object and the question of whether two stellar objects are the same
>being. The Youth and Elder Cults are levels of understanding of the
>Sun rather than simultaneous manifestations of the Sun. The Blue
>Moon and the Red Moon are distinct entities and have different Cults.

 The Red Moon and Blue Moon are both different aspects of the Primal Moons advancement.
The Blue Moon represents the final stage of devlopment; and for this reason it is *her* body that falls from Pole Star every 2-7 days. The Red Moon was returned to the Cosmos by a HeroQuest to Before Time which brought her back from a previous stage. thusly, two versions can exist at once.  If I HeroQuested and managewd to reincarnate Arkat Swordlord, what would prevent my friend to HQ and come back as Arkat Chaosbane? A previous version of Arkat standing side by side to a later version. *Exactly* the same as the red and Blue Moon. You're forgetting that the Red Moon appeared via HQing, not by herself.
 Watch the "Five Doctors" and watch it all come together.

>The Moon, young and old, can be seen at the same time, from many
>different perspectives.

 Because no-one's HQed for her yet! Ditto for the Black Moon. They'll appear soon enough, don't worry...

Nick E. (Gloranthan Lore 54% until further notice)

Nick Effingham         E-Mail:wal_at_eff.u-net.com

Britain is Dorastor without broo