Re: Play By Email (PBEMs)

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 22:16:59 -0400

In a message dated 96-06-23 16:30:02 EDT, Jane Williams writes:

<< thanks, sounds like my decision to keep it low-combat was a good move. I'm

 also keeping it very "low-rules": I'll do all the number-crunching, just  tell them the results.>>
Yes, basically they tell you what they will do (use this spell on so and so), and you tell them what happens. It also allows for those "you fumble, the summoning and you actually summon something that looks like what you summoned" events to actually be suprises.

<< Using Pendragon traits should sort out a lot of problems too, I hope.
(But this isn't the Rules list, so I'll leave it at that!) Player interaction probably won't be enormous: I was thinking of this as a chance to run sages, healers, traders, spies, and so on: the characters who are better off without a lot of "if it moves, hit it" buddies tagging along. >>

Good idea using the PDP rules, I found out from Jason that a good graphic program which creates maps/picture info all your players can read would be a good idea. He uses a few to give me a better idea of my locale and other situations which just typing it out he says does not always give a clear picture. Good Luck, please let us know how things are going.

Scott
aka
Delecti_at_aol.com