Curse of Kin

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:27:45 -0400

Someone in our campaign (Stuart Hunt) came up with an interesting troll myth from Peloria, basically it goes something like this:

"Gbaji was an evil spirit from the West who came to us first as a friend, then as an enemy. He tricked his way amongst us and was taken into rebirth. With his iron teeth and adamant claws, he gnawed and tore his way out of the Primal Womb, damaging Korasting forever more."

These trolls do not worship Arkat, by the way.

Anyway, the idea of using a male troll to absorb the Curse of Kin is flawed in that the Curse was directed at the Womb (i.e. Korasting) which Gbaki tore, so the male would only be able to stand between Gbaji and Korasting, which has failed in the past. To absorb the Curse, he would have to trick Gbaji into trying to tear his womb - not the easiest thing to do.

As Sandy P. said, the deed has been done. In my opinion, the first time a mythical deed is done it becomes a permanent feature. So when Gbaji cursed the trolls he did it completely so that it became an essential part of trollish nature. Now, any HeroQuests must try to cancel out part of the Curse. I do not think that the whole Curse can be lifted. The best that can be done is to gain a spell which would ensure an uzko birth. Not all trolls would have the spell, so enlo would still be born.

Still, it's always worth trying.