Smiths

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:27:33 -0400

> I tend to think of Gustbran as more the God of the Forge than the
> God of Smiths, the deity of harnessed power, not creating and shaping and
> making; IMO, true Smiths would be either shamans or sorcerors

The Third Eye Blue is precisely this - a sorcerous smith cult (at least I think they use sorcery).
Hero Smiths may well be shamans, but these would be cultural heroes in primitive cultures.
More advanced cultures would follow a Smithing God or gods, so Gustbran makes things for the Orlanthi. In Caladraland, Lodril makes things in his forges, so does Mostal and various other gods - and that is a more primitive culture.

It depends where you are - I reckon Kralorela will have a god for every kind of Smithing/making.

> An old White Dwarf, of which I now possess only one page, contained the
cult
> of Knerain, Armourer and weaponsmith of the Gods

I think this is only a one-page cult, but I'm not sure.