minor notes

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:25:23 +1200

Ian Gorlick:

>Can anyone tell me why the gods of Darkness have Fear powers? (shades
>attack with Fearshock, ZZ has Fear spell, KL commands Fear Spirits, etc.)

For the same reason that Water Cults have Drown and Solar Cults have Sunspear. It is war magic and one of the things darkness is good at.

>Maybe the gods of darkness should get a paired set of powers Fear/Comfort as
>darkness provides both. Maybe shades should be able to Soothe and well as
>Fearshock.

This would mean that Xiola Umbar, Xentha and Argan Argar be given Fear Spells. This doesn't sound right.

Sandy Petersen:

> Ultimately, the God Learners fell because their entire
>philosophy, the underpinning of their society, was founded on a lie.

Was this lie the Forbidden Secret or what?