Time and Compromise

From: Nick Brooke <100656.1216_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Jun 96 03:41:14 EDT

Chris Pearce suggests:

> Take the Lightbringer Quest, but refuse to join in the Compromise.
> You might then become unfixed in time and able to move through time
> in the same way as the God Time. I can't help but think you'd open
> yourself and those around you to all kinds of nastiness, though,
> because by refusing to join the Compromise, you might be allowing
> chaos to eat away at you and yours.

I think you would be identifying yourself as a Chaos Monstrosity (Chaos was the only party left out of the Compromise), and inviting the assembled powers of the universe to enmesh you in magic, suck you dry, and devour your carcass. In other words, don't even think about it!

(You would also be a powergaming twit with no respect for the myths of your people, but that's another topic).

Simon Phipp raves:

> What? Something useful in Wyrms Footprints (apart from D&D-like stats
> for Harrek and friends) - amazing. Admittedly, I skipped through it
> trying to find things not in WF and gave up. Perhaps I should look again.

Yep, you should look at our book again. May I recommend you start by taking a peek at the extended remix of the "Sartar High Council" and "Starbrow's Rebellion" sections for starters, plus "The Halfbird", "The Last Song of Horned-Ulf" (and its Vingkotling marginalia), and sundry other incidental gems. If you're having trouble reading, you can gaze at all the new and pretty pictures instead. And if you want to improve your command of the English language, I suggest you look up the word "reprint" in the Dictionary.

Still an' all, I'm glad you found the Arduin Grimoire stats useful! (I'm tempted to ask if we should have thrown in the Geedunk Dungeon for all you hard-core gaming types, but that was done over in the Big Rubble...)

Nick