Spirits and alcohol...

From: Xavier SPINAT <spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:49:38 +0200 (MET DST)

I was wondering how alcohol was considered on glorantha... Is it good or evil? Is there any god related to alcohol? Do people think it is good or bad for the health?

What I was thinking is that, since drunk people can't control themselves, they may be considered as possessed by a lesser spirit.
Furthermore, if alcohol has an effect on disease spirits (and especially infection spirits) then it may be because the lesser spirit of alcohol repels the disease spirit. But I don't know if alcohol is used to clean wounds somewhere on Glorantha.

Has anything already been written or said on this subject? Any comments?

Xavier SPINAT
spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #665