mostali

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:49:52 -0500

Sandy Peterson:
> Ultimately, the God Learners fell because their entire philosophy,
> the underpinning of their society, was founded on a lie.

> The lie was their axiom that all aspects of the Gloranthan cosmos
> could be described mechanistically, that beings, personalities, and
> abilities could be quantified, and that natural laws can be minimaxed.

        Ummm, this sounds an awful lot like the Mostali & their 'World machine' to me.

        Comments, Sandy?

Robert Stoll:
> Trolls like beer (and many other forms of alcohol) by the keg, although
> I suspect that it takes a staggeringly large amount of liquor to get a
> troll drunk, if in fact they do get drunk. (Anyone know if Trolls get
> drunk, and how much it would take to get one drunk if they do? How many
> drinks would a drunk troll drink if a drunk troll did drink drink?)

        Trolls have enormously more powerfull digestive tracts than humans, even trollkin can digest things that would kill a man. I suspect that trolls can swill down beer all night and not feel anything. To get a troll drunk would require something like Powzie. For those of you who don't remember Powsie, it's on the back of Trollpack, on Thunderbreath Gobbleguts' menu. The list of intoxicants includes Ail, Human Ail, Beer, Powsie and something charmingly named as Leadbrick. Look Out! Drunk Karrg's Son coming through!

                Andrew Joelson

PS Orlanth-Cola, official sponsor of Glorantha Con IV!

        Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!